This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us (“HWB Hosting”) under which you may use the hosting services we provide (“Hosting Packages”). Your use of the Hosting Package means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy.
1. Resource usage
- The Hosting Packages comprise the provision of web space on our servers to enable you to upload pages and files for the purpose of publishing websites.
- The Hosting Packages allow you specified server space for normal routine “non-file-distribution” web usage. For websites that allow downloading of video, audio or other files we reserve the right to impose a bandwidth limit of fifty (60) gigabytes per calendar month. Non-file-distribution usage will remain unaffected by any limit imposed on downloading of video, audio or other files.
- If you cancel your Package, any data we hold or host in relation to the Package you have cancelled will be immediately and permanently deleted from our system. Accordingly, you are strongly advised to make appropriate copies of such data before you cancel your Package.
- If we disable any of your accounts and they remain disabled for fifty (50) clear days, we will immediately and permanently delete the disabled accounts (and all the data hosted in relation to them) from our system.
- The usage details of the Hosting Package for sending email are as follows: Webmail – 500 emails per day, PC/Mac based software (e.g. Outlook) – No limit apart from 100 recipients per message, Web servers – 500 emails per hour.
2. Prohibited uses
You may use the Hosting Packages only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Hosting Packages:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (see section 4);
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (also known as SPAM); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
In your use of the Hosting Packages (other than where you are using your own dedicated server), you may not:
- use more than 5 % of our server’s processing capacity. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems, including (but not limited to) CGI scripts and intensive FTP, PHP or HTTP operations;
- run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes or any daemons; including (but not limited to) IRCd;
- run any type of web spider or indexer; including (but not limited to) GoogleCash and AdSpy;
- run any software that interfaces with an Internet Relay Chat network;
- run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client. You may link to legal torrent files off-site, but may not host or store them on our servers;
- participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities;
- run any gaming servers; or
- run cron entries or other scheduled tasks other than by configuring them through our control panel;
- give away web space under a domain
- operate a proxy website or service.
- as a remote file host for other websites.
- not to re-sell or offer for the use of third parties any part of our Hosting Package.
All pages of website stored on our servers as part of the Hosting Packages will be available to search engines unless you take action to prevent this. If you wish to optimise your web pages for search engines you agree to use coding and techniques which comply fully with the guidelines issued by Google, MSN, Yahoo and other large search engines.
3. FREE UK Domain with hosting packages
Free Domain Registration applies to the following extensions only:
4. Interactive services
- Where you use, or allow the use of the Hosting Packages to host a website on which interactive services (for example, chat rooms or bulletin boards) are provided (“interactive services”), you must ensure the use of best practice to operate those interactive services.
- Notwithstanding the use of best practice in operating the interactive services, you must assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service you allowed to be hosted using the Hosting Packages and use appropriate moderation in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee or monitor your use of the Hosting Packages in relation to any interactive services you provide or allow to be provided.
5. Content standards
These content standards apply to any and all material that you allow to be hosted through the Hosting Packages (“Material”) and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Material as well as to its whole.
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Material must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- contain any material that is pornographic;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
6. Suspension and termination
We will determine, at our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of the Hosting Packages. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of our terms and conditions of sale upon which you are permitted to use the Hosting Packages, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Hosting Packages;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Material (as defined in the initial paragraph in section 5.) uploaded to our servers;
- issue of a warning to you;
- issue of legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
7. Backup of your files and our servers
It is your responsibility to maintain appropriate and up-to-date back-up copies of any data, information or other material you upload (or permit to be uploaded) onto our servers (“Material”) as part of your use of the Hosting Packages. In the event of loss of or damage to your Material, you will not be given access to the server back-up we maintain pursuant to our archiving procedure.
We will follow our archiving procedures for the data stored on our servers. In the event of any loss or damage to our servers, your sole and exclusive remedy will be for us to use reasonable commercial efforts to restore the data on our servers (including your Material) from the latest back-up we maintained in accordance with our archiving procedure. We will not be responsible for any loss, destruction, alteration or disclosure of your Material caused by you or any third party.
8. Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.